Public Relations Coordinator
MassMedia is a fast-growing advertising and public relations agency, located in Las Vegas, NV, dedicated to helping our clients establish and grow relationships with their best customers and patients. Our campaigns include award-winning work for some of Nevada’s most recognized brands. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence.
We are currently seeking a master of messaging. If you are passionate about crafting succinct, articulate and strategic communications – from personal interactions to digital storytelling - we want you on our team. The ideal candidate will join MassMedia’s growing Public Relations department as a Public Relations Coordinator. This individual will work alongside a collaborative team of branding and media relations experts, content and social media strategists, media buyers and designers. The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Public Relations department by developing and monitoring of client press coverage, analyzing editorial calendar opportunities, and maintaining media lists.
<strong>Responsibilities and Expectations</strong>
· Create, deliver, edit, and optimize PR materials – press releases, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, online/digital content, and press releases
· Research news coverage and industry trends in order to develop fresh story ideas
· Maintain client media lists
· Provide support to the public relations department
· Provide research and editorial support
· Track press coverage and placements
· Maintain clip/placement files and list
· Prepare monthly client reports for department
· Pitch to media
The Coordinator will be an energetic, self-directed individual with a creative approach to public relations activities. Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years of relevant experience in marketing, public relations and communications and a bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, journalism or related area.
· Excellent communication skills and demonstrates ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and roles
· Organized, accurate and detail-oriented
· Ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time
· Proficient in PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel and MS Office
· Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members
· Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day behavior
· Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge and otherwise increasing her/his value to the agency and to clients
· Works with supervisor to identify and address training, education and skill-building needs for him/herself and, potentially, others
· Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume & salary requirements to <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>. Please no phone calls.