Public Relations Manager
MassMedia is looking for a master of messaging. If you are passionate about crafting succinct, articulate and strategic communications – from personal interactions to digital storytelling - we want you on our team. The ideal candidate will join MassMedia’s growing Public Relations department as a Public Relations Manager. This individual will work alongside a collaborative team of branding and media relations experts, content and social media strategists, media buyers and designers.
• Create and execute strategic public relations recommendations that align with clients’ brand and deliver on objectives.
• Strong understanding of local, consumer and trade media relations, including identifying story hooks, building relationships with media, and the ability to secure news coverage for agency clients.
• Develop a wide range of written materials for a variety of communications channels (news releases, articles, blog posts, brand key messages, speeches and e-newsletters, among other pieces).
• Independently manage time and projects, while meeting internal and external deadlines.
• Broad understanding of integrated brand marketing communications (creative, media, content strategy, digital and social media) and how to leverage those disciplines to develop effective programs for agency clients.
• Professionally represent agency at client meetings, events and trade shows and have experience with formal presentations.
• Monitor public relations and marketing trends to identify strategic opportunities for clients.
• Mentor junior staff by providing constructive feedback on work projects and sharing industry knowledge.
• Effectively report results and demonstrate return on investment.
• Develop positive and professional relationships with co-workers, clients and industry representatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, journalism, marketing or public relations
• 5 – 7 years of experience in public relations
• Strong writing and editing skills, understanding of social media
• B2B and corporate public relations and healthcare marketing experience a plus; agency experience a plus
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Team-oriented and ability to work independently