Senior Public Relations Director
MassMedia is a fast-growing advertising and public relations agency that is headquartered in Henderson, NV. We are a results-driven, award winning firm with deep expertise in the healthcare, commercial real estate, education and technology sectors. Our campaigns include award-winning work for some of Nevada’s most recognized brands. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence.
We are currently seeking an experienced senior PR Director to join our growing leadership team. The Public Relations Director reports directly to the Senior Vice President of the agency and is responsible for the planning, development and execution of all public relations and media communication initiatives for the agency and its clients. This position plays an integral role within the organization, working with our account services team to shape and share our clients’ news and stories with the media.
• Create and execute strategic public relations plans and strategies that align with clients’ brand and deliver on objectives
Establish and nurture positive relationships with local and regional media
Strong understanding of local, consumer and trade media relations, including identifying story hooks, building relationships with media, and the ability to secure news coverage for agency clients
• Develop a wide range of written materials for a variety of communications channels (key messages, news releases, articles, blog posts, brand key messages, speeches and e-newsletters, among other pieces)
• Independently manage time and projects, while meeting internal and external deadlines
• Prepare client’s executives for media interviews to help ensure key messages are consistently conveyed
• Manage client relationships and serve as primary point of contact for agency PR clients
• Posses excellent persuasive written and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Monitor public relations and marketing trends to identify strategic opportunities for clients
• Mentor junior staff by providing constructive feedback on work projects and sharing industry knowledge
• Effectively report results and demonstrate return on investment
• Develop positive and professional relationships with coworkers, clients and industry representatives
• Assess, develop and implement PR department processes for the agency
• Manage PR department budget, staffing and outside vendors
• Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, journalism, marketing or public relations
• 5 – 7 years of experience in public relations
• Advertising Agency experience is required
• Strong writing and editing skills
• B2B and corporate public relations and health care marketing experience a plus; agency • experience a plus
• Spokesperson experience preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Team-oriented and ability to work independently
Job Type and Benefits:
• Full time position
• Benefits, including medical, dental and vision
• 3% IRA matching program
• PTO after first 90 days (2 weeks PTO in first year, increasing annually until 5 weeks at 5 years)
• 9 paid holidays per year in addition to PTO
• Annual bonus based on successfully achieving PR department KPIs
• Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting a resume and three references to email@example.com Please, no Phone Calls.