Public Relations Specialist
Public Relations Specialist
MassMedia Marketing, Advertising, PR is a fast-growing advertising and public relations agency that is headquartered in Las Vegas, NV. We are a results-driven, award winning firm with deep expertise in the healthcare, commercial real estate, education and technology sectors. Our campaigns include award-winning work for some of Nevada’s most recognized brands. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence.
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for the creation and implementation of public relations opportunities for a variety of agency clients. This includes cultivating and maintaining key media relationships, writing a variety of press materials and developing and monitoring press coverage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Create content for a variety of press materials including but not limited to: press releases, executive bios, fact sheets, media alerts, digital content, bylines, talking points, etc.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with media; maintain and update media contact lists
· Proactively craft and pitch stories to the media and develop media outreach activities; follow-up to secure coverage.
· Monitor and audit media coverage; provide analysis of coverage; compile monthly press reports and press clips
· Research news coverage and industry trends to develop story ideas; be on top of current events as well as the industries of our clients
· Coordinate media interviews for clients and provide on-site support
· Contribute to cross-functional marketing teams providing media relations counsel to account team; work collaboratively across teams and departments
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The Public Relations Specialist will be an energetic and highly-motivated individual who takes a great deal of initiative and ownership in his or her work product. Additionally, the Public Relations Specialist will develop creative solutions to secure media coverage that achieves desired objectives and meet – if not exceed – client expectations.
Additional qualifications include:
· 5+ years of relevant experience in public relations or communications; agency experience preferred
· Degree in journalism or communications, preferably with public relations or related emphasis
· Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced environment
· Excellent writing skills including copy-editing, proofreading
· Strong communication skills, including written communication, combined with business acumen
· Strong problem solving, project management and organizational skills
· Ability to engage and maintain relationships with client contacts
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to collaborate and work across teams
· Research skills: ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly
· Creativity in storytelling
· Exceptional relationship building, including interacting with executives in a professional manner
· Proficient in PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, and MS Office
At MassMedia, we pride ourselves on hiring top talent and we work hard to provide benefits that make our team members lives better.
Our comprehensive compensations and benefits program includes:
• Town Square office location that is centrally located for an easy commute and comes with great amenities and perks, including cold brew and Kombucha on tap!
• Designated flex/work from home days each week and flexible work environment where you aren’t tied to a desk
• Competitive salaries and opportunity for advancement; we always strive to promote from within!
• Medical, dental and visions plans for you and your family and financial protection options through disability, life, accidental death, cancer assist, critical illness, and medical bridge insurance
• 401(k) plan with company matching program
• Generous paid time off policy that increases each year you are with the company
• Nine paid holidays and we pay you to take your birthday off!
• Frequent company happy hours, events and team building activities
• Professional development opportunities
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.Apply Now