Public Relations Coordinator
Public Relations Coordinator
At MassMedia, our team is our most valuable asset. Our culture drives us to be fearless, savvy, imaginative, fun and focused when working together and along side our clients. Are you looking to be apart of something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, MassMedia just might be the place for you. If you are a self-starter who is deeply passionate about helping clients reach their goals, read on.
We are currently seeking a master of messaging. If you are passionate about crafting succinct, articulate and strategic communications – from personal interactions to digital storytelling – we want you on our team. The ideal candidate will join MassMedia’s growing Public Relations department as a Public Relations Coordinator. This individual will work alongside a collaborative team of branding and media relations experts, content and social media strategists, media buyers and designers. The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Public Relations department by developing and monitoring of client press coverage, analyzing editorial calendar opportunities, and maintaining media lists.
A day in the life of a Public Relations Coordinator at MassMedia:
- Create, deliver, edit, and optimize PR materials – press releases, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, online/digital content, and press releases
- Research news coverage and industry trends in order to develop fresh story ideas
- Maintain client media lists
- Provide support to the public relations department
- Provide research and editorial support
- Track press coverage and placements
- Maintain clip/placement files and list
- Prepare monthly client reports for department
- Pitch to media
To be successful in this role, you must have:
The Coordinator will be an energetic, self-directed individual with a creative approach to public relations activities. Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years of relevant experience in marketing, public relations and communications and a bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, journalism, or related area.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrates ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and roles.
- Organized, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel and MS Office.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
- Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day behavior.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge and otherwise increasing her/his value to the agency and to clients.
- Works with supervisor to identify and address training, education and skill-building needs for him/herself and, potentially, others.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
At MassMedia, we pride ourselves on hiring top talent and we work hard to provide benefits that make our team members lives better.
Our comprehensive compensations and benefits program includes:
- Town Square office location that is centrally located for an easy commute and comes with great amenities and perks, including cold brew and Kombucha on tap!
- Designated flex/work from home days each week and flexible work environment where you aren’t tied to a desk
- Competitive salaries and opportunity for advancement; we always strive to promote from within!
- Medical, dental and visions plans for you and your family and financial protection options through disability, life, accidental death, cancer assist, critical illness, and medical bridge insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Generous paid time off policy that increases each year you are with the company
- 11 paid holidays and we pay you to take your birthday off!
- Frequent company happy hours, events and team building activities
- Professional development opportunities
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.Apply Now!