Vice President, Strategy & Client Services
Vice President, Strategy & Client Services
MassMedia Marketing, Advertising, PR is a fast-growing advertising and public relations agency that is headquartered in Las Vegas, NV. We are a results-driven, award winning firm with deep expertise in the healthcare, commercial real estate, education and technology sectors. Our campaigns include award-winning work for some of Nevada’s most recognized brands. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence.
The Vice President, Strategy & Client Services will work alongside MassMedia’s president to oversee the agency’s team and accounts. Key areas of focus include client retention and growth, new business development and management of the Account Services Department.
A primary Executive contact and ultimate point of accountability for assigned client relationships. Owns senior-level client and agency partner relationships for effective integrated marketing strategies beyond the day-to-day operations. Responsible for client retention by maintaining these senior–level relationships and identifying additional opportunities with existing and new clients. Responsible for assessing and managing the risk associated with clients and agency partners. Ensures account teams are offering clients quality service, value and an exceptional product. Build relationships with all department leadership.
The VP, Strategy & Client Services supports organizational growth by providing strategic client direction, building new relationships and maintaining existing client relationships, as well as ensuring that the account/specialist teams complete client projects according to schedule and budgets. The VP, Strategy & Client Services is involved in determining short- and long-term resource requirements, building and managing teams and designating account staffing and responsibilities among each team member.
The VP, Strategy & Client Services provides guidance and assistance to the account services and specialist teams. This may include a project’s schedule, scope and budget, and directing appropriate team members in fulfilling the specifications to meet client expectations and company objectives.
• Establish and uphold overall client relationship standards for the agency to follow
• Deliver breakthrough thinking in strategic planning sessions and in client/all agency summits
• Cultivate expert knowledge and contacts within the necessary fields
• Responsible for the growth and vitality of the agency clients, delivering YOY organic client growth to the agency
• Achieves billing/financial performance goals for the account services dept.
• Develops and implements dept. and agency processes to maximize efficiency and drive accountability
• Lead team in the development of an annual business/integrated marketing plan in conjunction with stated or potential client needs
• Optimize the impact of customer insight in the creative process by inspiring and partnering with the Creative Staff
• Perform personnel reviews, coach and mentor direct reports, manages staff development, career paths, reviews and hiring
• Cultivate productive senior-level client relationships
• Strive to ensure all work is completed on time, on strategy and on budget
• Demonstrate strong conceptual thinking skills
• Combine analytical rigor with creative problem-solving skills
• Translate client’s business objectives into marketing and communications objectives for the agency
• Develops and negotiates contracts and fee arrangements as needed
• Forge relationships with outside partners/suppliers as needed
• Work with Operations to monitor staff time and department expenses to ensure optimum efficiency for the client services team
• Serve as a member of the Agency’s Leadership Team
• Serve as an agency and industry thought leader and produce/contribute relevant content to Agency’s owned channels
• Contributes to new business initiatives of the Agency by leading pitches, proposals, and RFP responses
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of advertising/integrated marketing agency principles and practices with an emphasis on digital marketing. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Strong problem-solving skills and detail oriented.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal departmental relationships. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate and interact with the C- suite and upper level management to work effectively. Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Must be an industry leader with highly visible profile with 10+ years of experience within an advertising agency setting. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred.
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
At MassMedia, we pride ourselves on hiring top talent and we work hard to provide benefits that make our team members lives better.
Our comprehensive compensations and benefits program includes:
• Town Square office location that is centrally located for an easy commute and comes with great amenities and perks, including cold brew and Kombucha on tap!
• Designated flex/work from home days each week and flexible work environment where you aren’t tied to a desk
• Competitive salaries and opportunity for advancement; we always strive to promote from within!
• Medical, dental and visions plans for you and your family and financial protection options through disability, life, accidental death, cancer assist, critical illness, and medical bridge insurance
• 401(k) plan with company matching program
• Generous paid time off policy that increases each year you are with the company
• Eleven (11) paid holidays and we pay you to take your birthday off!
• Frequent company happy hours, events and team building activities
• Professional development opportunities