Public Relations Specialist
MassMedia is a fast-growing advertising and public relations agency that is headquartered in Henderson, NV. We are a results-driven, award-winning firm with deep expertise in the healthcare, commercial real estate, education and technology sectors. Our campaigns include award-winning work for some of Nevada’s most recognized brands. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence.
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for the creation and implementation of public relations opportunities for a variety of agency clients. This includes cultivating and maintaining key media relationships, writing a variety of press materials and developing and monitoring press coverage.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create content for a variety of press materials including but not limited to: press releases, executive bios, fact sheets, media advisories, digital content, bylines, message points, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media; maintain and update media contact lists
- Proactively craft and pitch stories to the media and develop media outreach activities; follow-up to secure coverage
- Monitor and audit media coverage; provide analysis of coverage; compile monthly press reports and media logs
- Research news coverage and industry trends to develop story ideas; know the industries of our clients
- Coordinate media interviews with clients and attend interviews to provide onsite support
- Contribute to cross-functional marketing teams providing media relations counsel to account team; work collaboratively across teams and departments
- Other duties as assigned
The Public Relations Specialist will be an energetic and highly-motivated individual who takes a great deal of initiative and ownership in his or her work product. Additionally, the Public Relations Specialist will seek creative solutions to secure media coverage that achieve desired objectives and meet – if not exceed – client expectations.
Additional qualifications include:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in public relations or communications; agency experience preferred
- Degree in journalism or communications, preferably with public relations or related emphasis
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing skills including copy-editing, proofreading
- Strong communication skills, including written communication, combined with business acumen
- Strong problem solving, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to engage and maintain relationships with client contacts
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and work across teams
- Research skills: ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly
- Creativity in storytelling
- Exceptional relationship building, including interacting with executives in a professional manner
- Proficient in PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, and MS Office
Job Type and Benefits:
- Full-time position
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 3% IRA matching program
- PTO after first 90 days (2 weeks PTO in first year, increasing annually until 5 weeks at 5 years)
- 9 paid holidays per year in addition to PTO
- Annual bonus based on successfully achieving PR department KPIs
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.