If you’re focused, driven, imaginative, results-oriented, savvy, proactive and fearless in the face of client objectives, we’d like you on our side. Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, No Phone Calls.
Public Relations Director
Public Relations Director
MassMedia is looking for an individual to lead and manage public relations and strategic communications for the agency and its clients. The ideal candidate will join MassMedia’s growing Public Relations department as a Public Relations Director. This individual will work alongside a collaborative team of branding and media relations experts, content and social media strategists, media buyers and designers. The Director will drive strategic planning and lead the team to establish and nurture relationships with key media and stakeholders.
Individuals must be strategic, detail-oriented, and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple accounts, oversee and mentor a team, and help grow the business. Candidates should also have strong presentation skills and be able to build and foster long-term relationships.
• Oversee all public relations and social media activity for group of accounts
• Provide ongoing strategic direction for public relations and social media related efforts including planning, measurement and evaluation.
• Work alongside account directors to formulate and monitor comprehensive long- and short-term communication plans
• Build client relationships and trust with clients’ personnel, including senior management
• Build and present annual PR/communication plans; responsible for development and implementation of plans
• Lead agency-client meetings and routine status calls as they relate to PR efforts
• Serve as a liaison between the PR team and the account and creative functions of the agency, ensuring and driving an integrated approach
• Provide regular PR reports and analysis to clients including objectives, status, and results/measurement and refine as needed
• Provide oversight and estimates related to work authorizations required for public relations efforts
• Manage the allocation of PR resources inside and outside the account group
• Oversee and mentor junior staff; manage department processes and procedures
• Assist other PR team members and client workloads as needed
• 8-10 years of experience in a public relations capacity; managing people and work teams
• Experience in an agency environment
• Degree in journalism or communications, preferably with public relations or related emphasis
• Experience with strategic PR planning, measurement/evaluation, and analysis
• Existing media relationships, or strong track record of cultivating and maintaining media relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects and efforts
• Strong communication skills, including written communication, combined with business acumen
• Strong problem solving, project management, and organizational skills
• Ability to engage and maintain relationships with client contacts
• Aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience in social media, content marketing preferred
Public Relations Manager
Public Relations Manager
MassMedia is looking for a master of messaging. If you are passionate about crafting succinct, articulate and strategic communications – from personal interactions to digital storytelling - we want you on our team. The ideal candidate will join MassMedia’s growing Public Relations department as a Public Relations Manager. This individual will work alongside a collaborative team of branding and media relations experts, content and social media strategists, media buyers and designers.
• Create and execute strategic public relations recommendations that align with clients’ brand and deliver on objectives.
• Strong understanding of local, consumer and trade media relations, including identifying story hooks, building relationships with media, and the ability to secure news coverage for agency clients.
• Develop a wide range of written materials for a variety of communications channels (news releases, articles, blog posts, brand key messages, speeches and e-newsletters, among other pieces).
• Independently manage time and projects, while meeting internal and external deadlines.
• Broad understanding of integrated brand marketing communications (creative, media, content strategy, digital and social media) and how to leverage those disciplines to develop effective programs for agency clients.
• Professionally represent agency at client meetings, events and trade shows and have experience with formal presentations.
• Monitor public relations and marketing trends to identify strategic opportunities for clients.
• Mentor junior staff by providing constructive feedback on work projects and sharing industry knowledge.
• Effectively report results and demonstrate return on investment.
• Develop positive and professional relationships with co-workers, clients and industry representatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, journalism, marketing or public relations
• 5 – 7 years of experience in public relations
• Strong writing and editing skills, understanding of social media
• B2B and corporate public relations and healthcare marketing experience a plus; agency experience a plus
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Team-oriented and ability to work independently
MassMedia is a fast-growing advertising and public relations agency dedicated to helping our clients establish and grow relationships with their best customers and patients.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Account Executive to manage the day-to-day marketing and communications campaigns for a variety of healthcare and corporate companies. Working with a cross-discipline agency team including marketing strategy, client services, creative, interactive, PR, media, and marketing analytics, you will help develop and implement client programs to provide results and exceed expectations. This is an excellent opportunity for dynamic individuals to advance their careers in advertising and public relations by working in an environment dedicated to learning and professional development.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in advertising and public relations handling a wide range of projects with a high degree of independence and sound judgment preferably in an agency setting. This individual must understand how to develop plans, counsel clients and implement campaigns using a variety of marketing tools including brand development, advertising, media relations, social media, community integration, media buying, digital and interactive, etc.
Below is a list of the areas of responsibilities as well as key attributes for the ideal candidate for this position:
• Performs day-to-day account work which may include:
• drafting a wide range of written materials, providing direction to the creative team, coordinating events, maintaining client and media contacts, managing projects performed with and by others and supervising junior staff.
• Acts as a liaison between client, outside suppliers (printers, photographers, A/V houses, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., design department, specialists, media buyers, and other employees).
• Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner and has their respect/confidence.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients.
• Applies knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the agency.
• Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the client, account team and agency.
• Professional Skills:
• A skilled writer who oversees the team to conceptualize and produce campaign plans, creative briefs, client memos, media relations materials, brochures and collateral materials.
• Demonstrates proficiency in using internal and external research capabilities and preparing in-depth analyses.
• Leverages knowledge of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast, IT and emerging media, to add value to client programs.
• Thorough understanding of the role of media and internet marketing tools in the overall marketing mix.
• Must be able to analyze client situations and apply strategic marketing ideas and implementation plans to meet challenges.
• Must have experience measuring and communicating results of marketing/advertising efforts.
• Strong overall communication, writing and presentation skills and a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (in addition to proficiency in standard MS Office programs).
• Contributes to presentations, using internal and external resources. Balances workload and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
• Exemplifies solid teamwork capabilities while demonstrating supervisory skills. Continues to build and apply specialized expertise in a particular subject or functional areas.
• Routinely applies an understanding of budget development and monitoring.
• Understands and manages billing and activity reporting processes.
• Oversees preparation of monthly client reports.
• Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Manages time for optimum productivity and maximum billability.
• Meets billability targets established for the senior account executive position.
• Develops budgets independently and/or in conjunction with other team members.
Initiative and General Management:
• Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
• Demonstrates initiative in identifying and proposing enhanced ways to advance team, group, agency and client interests.
• Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek the advice of supervisor and other team members.
• Applies sound judgment in anticipating and taking action to avoid many workplace and client issues and problems.
• Recommends solutions when problems arise and assists peers in problem-solving.
• Uses talents of colleagues in own problem-solving.
• Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients.
• Participates actively in team, staff and client meetings.
• Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day behavior.
• Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge and otherwise increasing her/his value to the agency and to clients.
• Demonstrates proficiency in managing agency and client resources: people, time and money.
• Works with supervisor to identify and address training, education and skill-building needs for him/herself and, potentially, others.
• Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
Required Education and Experience:
• Communications: 3 years
• Advertising: 3 years
• Marketing: 3 years
Director of New Business Development
Director of New Business Development
MassMedia is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to lead its new business efforts for its Corporate Division in Nevada and the Southwest. This position reports to the CEO and is responsible for developing and retaining new business for the 20-year-old integrated communications agency.
• Build and lead the department
• Responsible for new business development; achieve or exceed defined sales quotas on a quarterly and annual basis
• Drive prospecting and lead generation activities that result in significant sales success
• Develop strategic account plans to include identification of target accounts, customer acquisition strategy, opportunity identification, team collaboration, define project scope and manage key project milestones
• Initiate contact with appropriate client representatives, execute targeted face to face meetings to introduce services and solutions offerings, build relationships and create brand awareness
• Effectively communicate the company’s solutions and services in a manner which meets the clients’ requirements
• Responsible for the execution of the entire client development cycle
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
• Create, manage and drive sales forecast
• Coordinate the RFP and proposal response process with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Develop and coordinate all new client presentations, proposals, and budgets
• Collaborate across divisions and/or use external resources to develop pricing strategies, resource/tools requirements, win themes and differentiated proposed solutions for consulting engagements
• Represent MassMedia as needed at meetings and other forums with a variety of agencies, groups, and organizations
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required
• Minimum 5-7 years of sales or sales management/business development experience in a corporate environment required; preferably in a consulting services environment
• Must be able to demonstrate past performance of firm sales, profit, and strategic objectives
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Effective and efficient time control planning, organization and multi-tasking abilities
• Strong customer-focus orientation and demonstrated ability to apply effective interpersonal skills to manage client requests and demands
• Ability to preserve private, sensitive and confidential details and information
• Ability to exhibit confidence, and maintain professionalism, diplomacy, and courtesy that is representative of the company’s reputation and culture
• Ability to travel